Another Day, Another Tory Leadership Candidate
- Who He?: Long-time MLA, former Minister of Innovation and Science. Primarily known for his attempt to have Of Mice And Men banned from schools on the grounds that too many characters in the book use the Lord's name in vain.
- Why Should Progressives Support Him?: Despite his reputation as a fundy nut-case, he's got some interesting and even progressive ideas about child-raising and family finances in general.
- Why Should We Not?: Well, the fact that he demanded the banning of a work of literature is a problem. Also the fact that he seems bizarrely un-motivated; even Ralph Klein, who'd been his boss for more than a decade, expressed shock when Doerksen actually threw his hat into the ring.
- Is He Likely To Pick Fights With Homeless People?: Only the ones who read Steinbeck.
- How are his chances?: Not a chance in Hell. The people who don't remember him unkindly for the book-banning thing are all supporting Ted Morton.