Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Ok, so it turned out to be a very good D&D session last night, and lifted some (some, but not all) of the darkness that I was lurking under yesterday. I tossed a gnome wizard vampire (16th level!) at my players, and their beating it occupied most of the evening. They eventually succeeded by dispelling its ability to fly when it was about 300 feet off the ground. Kersplat.

I still feel bothered and annoyed, though. For some reason I spent about half an hour today tracking down old friends on the Internet (it's a miracle I'm still employed, really it is), and actually managed to find some of them, which was bittersweet. More on this later, if I feel like it. For now, enough with the angst crap. Next thing you know, I'll be writing really shitty poetry... Instead, I will share with you all this rather interesting story:


This is not either one of the actual bison skulls referred to in the story below.

Crews unearth ancient bison skulls

Calgary - Two bison skulls, believed to be about 5,000 years old, have been uncovered by construction workers digging a new parkade in Banff.

The discovery will help archeologists determine exactly where in the area the animals once roamed. Bill Perry, assistant archeologist with Parks Canada, says the skulls likely washed down the Bow River during a long-ago flood.

No comments: