Saturday, January 24, 2004

Off on a Quest...

... was where I was today. And what was I questing for, you ask? Well, for this:





You see, long ago, when we played D&D at my brother's apartment every Tuesday, we used to amuse ourselves beforehand and during breaks with hard-fought rounds of Worms: Armageddon. For those of you who've never had the pleasure, remember the old DOS game that involved gorillas chucking bananas at each other? Well, W:A is basically just that taken to extremes (and featuring worms instead of gorillas, obviously) - multitudes of weapons to chose from, customizable teams of combatants, and just buckets of fun. Well, my brother got married and moved into a house, the computer got moved into the bedroom, and now we play D&D on Mondays. And it struck me, rather suddenly yesterday, that I missed those little worms. So it was off to the used computer game stores (I know of two here in town) this afternoon, to see if I couldn't track it down. I couldn't, although the happy wee clerk at one of the stores indicated that they did get it in on occasion, so I bought Neverwinter Nights instead, but the quest shall continue!

Oh yeah, and I got my head shaved, since I was starting to look like a damned hippy. I have no problems with the fact that I'm going bald, but I think one of the worst things in the world is balding guys who let what hair they have left grow long. It's just not on...

No comments: